Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello Stitching Friends!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!  The turkey is in the oven.  The husband is still asleep, and the kids haven't arrived yet, but it promises to be a good day here.  The sun is shining with a bright blue sky on a chilly November day. 

I have been busy shopping and  making lists for this big cooking day.  The menu hasn't varied much over the last nearly thirty years...  (wow, that seems like a long time!)  There will be six of us for dinner today.  Our son recently proposed to his girlfriend...and she said yes!  They will be here, as well as our daughter and her boyfriend.  We are blessed, in so many ways.

I don't know that much stitching will get done today.  I will probably be too busy in the kitchen, and then after that too tired to do much but relax with everyone.  Mike has today off from work, as well as the rest of the week, so I'm happy for that!  He usually works all holidays, unless they happen to fall on a regular day off.  So, it will be nice not having to hurry through the meal and see him leave for work, missing out on the rest of the family time.  He will get to enjoy leftovers and some football later. 

I have hopes of finding time later this week to do some ornament finishes.  I have a few stitched up ready for a final finish.  I have started the Prairie Schooler Christmas sampler from this year, so I have something to pick up.  I may still do an ornament or two as well.  This time of year gets so busy! 

I hope all of you will be enjoying your holiday today and spending it with those you love.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great day! For the first time ever, I was too tired to stitch last night.

    ReplyDelete