Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summer is flying past

I don't seem to be able to get a blog post done in a very timely fashion...

July has been flying past.  We had a fun family gathering on the fourth.  Our small town does the holiday up in a big way with a parade, a talent show, a 5k race and lots of activities for the kids in between.  We just went to see the parade then headed home for a cookout. 

Then next up was my birthday.  
David and Lauren bought me a cute project pouch from etsy, and wind chimes for the front porch.  Joe and Holly bought me a bottle of my favorite fragrance.  Then Mike found a Vera Bradley bag and matching wallet.  So, I felt very spoiled and lucky to have such a sweet family.

I have been stitching away on my current project!  I've told myself at the end of the month I need to set this aside and do the wedding piece!!




Here is where I left off last night. It's been a fun piece to work on.  

I have a new fun accessory to use...

A music stand! It holds my chart so nicely and it's easy to pick up and move to wherever I am going to be sitting.  We refurbished four of these for use at the library during our summer reading program.  (we had a music theme).  I claimed one of them after the end of the program.  It's been great to use.

Otherwise I have been keeping busy at work and finding some time to spend with Addy.  I can't resist sharing a recent picture...
This was taken at Holly's house a week or two ago.  You can see where their cat managed to be included in the picture.  But she is smiling a lot now and makes baby noises when you talk to her... 

I hope you're keeping cool and finding plenty of time for stitching!!


13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had some lovely gifts for your birthday. I love the pouch.

    Lovely progress on your stitching and what a fantastic idea for a music stand!

    Addy is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Some great gifts. the stitching is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday wishes! Enjoy your new project bag; they are fun to use and extremely well made. Your WIP is looking good. Addy is a cutie!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress on your stitching piece. Great idea using the music stands to hold charts. Happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! Glad your summer is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you are short on time. What an adorable little girl. That's where I would be spending my extra time. Also , a belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B-Day, late.
    Great progress on the WTNAT piece.
    Addy is so cute, a happy baby, for sure.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! You grand daughter is a cutie. Your progress is great. That music standing is GENIUS! I am going to start looking for one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday wishes, such a lovely smile from Addy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun stitch, but Addy is SO much more entertaining I'll bet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful smile on Addy's face -- so cute! Love your stitching project. And the music stand -- brilliant! I wonder how expensive a music stand is. lol! Too bad DS has the good one at school. My birthday was this month too! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Addy is just so sweet--I'll bet you can't get enough of her!! Your music stand idea is great--I'll have to see if we have any old ones laying around :)

    Lovely gifts and belated Happy Birthday wishes to you, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling little smile!! Isn't she a cutie!!! Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was a wonderful time. Great progress on your sampler piece... and I LOVE the purple stand for your chart!

    ReplyDelete