Friday, November 16, 2012

early November morning

Hello Stitchy Friends.

It is early morning hours here on a cold Friday in mid-November.  The sun isn't even up yet.  However, I woke up early and since I couldn't go back to sleep, I finished my current book.  The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell.  It just occurred to me I don't often talk about what I'm reading on my blog.  Maybe, it's because I talk and write about books so much at work....  I write a newspaper column every other week for our small local newspaper, and then talk about books so much in work related ways as well. 

I have always worked in a library, even in high school.  I did work for a local optometrist while I was in high school, but other than that, it's all been about the library.  I do love my job.  It's scary when you think back how many years I've been working.  Guess these early morning hours are making me reflect. 

Well, nevertheless, I did enjoy Cornwell's newest book.  She is getting better again.  She had a rough spell in the middle of this series where I didn't think the books were as good as they should have been. 

Now, it's on to the next book on my shelf waiting to be read.  I always have a book in progress as well as a stitching project or two.  I haven't decided what I will read next.  If you are a reader, and haven't found goodreads.com yet, I encourage you to check it out.  A great website to interact with fellow friends, and if nothing else, to keep track of what you are reading, and what you've read.  Several of my online stitching blog friends are also friends on goodreads, which I think is very cool.

I have been slogging away on this Cricket, Rest and Be Thankful piece.  I am getting close to the finish line.  I don't want to abandon it now since it is so close to being done.  But I do seriously need to do some more ornament stitching for our exchange in our stitching group and for some other small gifts. 

I don't like it that the photo I just uploaded is sideways.  But you can see that I've made quite a bit of progress...  Not too much left.  The row of checkerboard border at the top and then I think just the birds in the sky and backstitching. 

Well, it's time to put the coffee on, then head to the shower and work.  I have a meeting this morning in a town about 40 miles away.  So, I best get going.

It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away!

Hope you are all finding time to stitch!
 

5 comments:

  1. It must be so cool to have worked in libraries all your life. I love the idea of that. Books are a huge part of my life, but I've never had the privilege of having them be how I make my living. You're so lucky.

    Love your Cricket piece -- it's so pretty! I'm rooting you on to a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to work in a library but I talk too much and was even booted out of one in my misspent youth!

    Keep working on your Cricket piece, you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to hear about books stitchers are reading. I have gotten some very good ideas for books from blogs. Your cricket piece will be worth the work. It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Cricket piece looks great! I love to hear about books, so keep 'em coming! I haven't read a Cornwell book in awhile, must try to get some from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest and be Thankful is very beautiful (even sideways) Love the blue house.
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete