I finally have three pieces in the finished pile!
Once I had this one mounted I moved on.
Then, feeling pretty good about things I moved onto one more piece yesterday.
The fabric I chose for the backing was perfect, but I only had enough to cover two of the boards. So, I had some plain black to do the remaining board. That looks fine tho. Also, I should have glued the connecting easel strip behind the trim. But, I fastened the trim to the board behind the front, instead of gluing it around my stitched piece.
I need to tackle another one of these while I am remembering the finer points. Like I said, pretty rusty! I was wishing my sister had been here to assist...things often turn out much better with her help. :-)
Well, hope you are planning to enjoy your Labor Day weekend! Who know, I may keep my finishing mess out and try again! I will keep you posted.