Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday at last

Hello Dear Stitching Friends!

I am so happy it is Friday once again.  It has been a busy week.  I am looking forward to the weekend, to have some more time to work on more finishing touches for our newly re-done rooms. 
They are still a little too bare.  I am having trouble with the naked walls.  A good friend of our daughter's was over the other night, and remarked it didn't seem like 'our house' with no cross stitch pieces hanging on the walls.  ha!  How true is that.  While, I don't want to hang a multitude of things up, I need to have some of my favorites... 

So, we will see what the weekend brings.  I will be heading out the door for work soon.  I have dinner in the crockpot.  (what a good feeling that is).  The sun is shining here with a beautiful blue sky.  The trees outside my window are putting forth their little green bouquets that precede the leaves.  The grass is incredibly green.  All the rain we have had this Spring is really making everything green.  We went from a drought last year to an abundance of moisture this Spring.  I feel bad for the people that live along the Illinois river, the Rock river and Mississippi river.  They are getting flooded out this year.  I guess it is a record breaker in the Peoria area.  We were fortunate to just have a little water in our basement.  Nothing was spoiled or ruined.  We don't store anything of any importance down there anymore.  I would hate to think of what some of these folks are facing in loss and clean up.

When we were putting the furniture back downstairs, Mike had the excellent idea of putting my computer desk in front of the window.  I agreed, and now think what a wonderful idea he had.  I am enjoying watching the robins gather scraps of things in the side yard for their nest building, and watching the trees send forth their Spring growth of green.  I am trying hard not to focus on the raking that needs to be done....   :) 

I am trying hard to get my stitching mojo back.  I worked last night on Patriot's Inn by LHN.  Only to find I had miscounted the house, and had major ripping to do.  I don't know what my problem is.  I think some of it was stitching when I was just too tired from everything else.   At least, that is the best reason I can come up with.  I need to get back in gear for sure. 

Sorry for no pictures in this post.  I am using the desktop computer rather than my ipad.  I don't have any recent pictures saved on this computer.

Well, heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to work I go.... smiling because it's Friday.

Happy stitching friends.

--Melody

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's time to dream about what to hang on your blank walls. :D Nice that your computer desk is in front of the window now. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those dam frogs - hope you are able to get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete