Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the New Year...

Hello Friends!

Happy New Year to you all.  I have been busy today undecking the halls.  I still have the tree to take out of here, but most of the other things have been put away.  I still have snowmen around, but they will stay through January at least. 

We are having mild weather still around here.  It's rather surreal.  It's not normal for me to be able to run outside to the storage shed putting away holiday totes with no jacket...  We do finally have some sunshine this afternoon.  It has been gloomy outside for days.  It's nice to see the sun. 

I just finished up the book I have been reading.  Another cozy mystery.  They seem to be my favorite genre.  I think I am pulling the new Patricia Cornwell off the shelf to read next.  I enjoy using the Good Reads site.  If you haven't explored it yet, and are a reader, you should. It's a great way to keep track of what you've read, add friends and explore authors.  I've kept track of the books I've read since about 1975.  A few years ago I added them all into an excel spreadsheet.  (I know, I'm a nerd).  But what do you expect from a librarian??  I haven't entered all the titles from my spreadsheet into good reads, but have done a good portion of them. 

I am close to having a finish of 'Winter Wonderland' by LHN.  I have been thinking about a New Year's Day start....  I am strongly leaning toward starting the Shores of Hawks Run Hollow.  I have the linen, and chart, just need to pull the flosses.  So, I may be doing that tomorrow....we'll see. 

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Shores, but if you're not, here is a photo of someone's completed work.  I am contemplating some changes in my piece.  We will see what I come up with.  I usually most always follow the chart religiously, but there are about three blocks in this piece I'm not so fond of...I am thinking my piece may be 9 blocks in all, not 12.  I feel almost sacreligious in writing this...I am a big fan of Carriage House Designs....

Stay tuned to see what happens.  As always I appreciate your comments and insights.  If you're wondering which blocks I'm thinking of eliminating, they would be the three in a vertical row on the right side. 

For the first time in many years, Mike is not going to have to work second shift tonight.  He traded with a co-worker and worked first shift today.  So, this means he'll actually be home for New Year's Eve.  I'm looking forward to it.  We're planning a quiet dinner at home, and then maybe go uptown to the local hotspot.  Our children and their dates are planning to be there, so we'll join them for awhile.  It will be a change from my usual routine of staying home stitching and reading.... 

Happy New Year's to all my stitchy friends in blogland.  See you in 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2012 to you and yours! Sounds like a fun night tonight for sure! I looove your "keep stitching and order take out" sign. lol! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Melody! Have a wonderful time celebrating with your husband, and I look forward to seeing your projects next year!

    ReplyDelete