Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

Happy Veteran's Day.

Today I am thinking of the date 11-11-11. What a unique occurance.  Kind of makes you want to go out and buy a lottery ticket.  I was just reading online how many marriages are going to take place today.  I guess it would make it easy to remember!

On Veteran's Day I often think of my Dad.  He was a Veteran of World War I.  I was his last child born to him from his second marriage.  Dad was 58 when I was born.  I have lots of sweet memories of Dad.  He was so proud to walk me down the aisle at my wedding.  I suspect he didn't think he would still be alive to do that.  He shed happy tears that day. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you were a child of his older age. How lovely to pause and think of your dad on Veteran's Day.

    I was trying to think how often this 11/11/11 sort of thing happens. Not often! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melody, sending hugs your way! I'll bet your Dad would be very proud of you today! God bless our vets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, big hugs. Your dad sounds like a special guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS--can't wait to hear what you think of 11/22/63! I haven't read any Stephen King (I know! I think I'm the .00000000000001% of the population that hasn't read any!) but heard that was really good.

    ReplyDelete