Hello Stitchy Friends!
It took me awhile, but I finally got caught up on reading blogs. I was please to read that Margaret from Days of a Sampler Lover awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you, Margaret.
The purpose of this award is for bloggers to nominate fellow bloggers. In order to accept the award, the nominated blogger must follow these rules:
- thank the person who nominated you and link back
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
Seven facts about myself:
1. I have spent my entire career as a Librarian working at the same library. I attended college while working there as well.
2. I love animals. I have always had one cat or more for a pet all of my life. We currently have four cats and a dog.
3. I met my husband at our local community college. He grew up in a town only 12 miles away, but I probably wouldn't have met him in other circumstances. He worked in the college library, and a good friend of mine was the Librarian there.
4. My older sister introduced me to counted cross stitch. The women in my family all did needlework of some kind or the other. Most all of my Aunts did beautiful crochet work.
5. I was born to older parents, as the last child of four daughters. My father had two girls from a previous marriage, and as a widower met my Mother and married her. He then had my sister and myself. He grew up in a family with seven sisters.
6. I took care of my aging parents in my twenties and early thirties. They both passed away before our two children were born.
7. I am an avid reader. I know, shock, right?! Look for me on Good Reads I share my love of books there.