Friday, December 5, 2014

Decking the halls

Hello friends!

I've been busy this week!  I went back to work this week after having the last 10 days off.  So there was lots to catch up on.  A flurry of emails, snail mail, book orders, etc. etc.  

Last Sunday Mike and I helped the kids get moved into their new house.  Holly was very sick with a stomach bug, so she was benched at our house on the couch.  But, we got it done, and I also got the boxes unpacked for the kitchen and everything put away.  Then I've also been busy helping do curtains for the kitchen and bathroom.  Best part was Holly finally felt better by the next day.  

Then, after the big move, and work, I've been trying to get our house decorated.  I have to share a few of my favorite Christmas stitches.

I have more Christmas stitching that I haven't shared.  I think it's so much fun to see pictures of your homes decorated for the holidays.  
I have a small collection of snow globes.


Here's a shot of our tree.  Many of the ornaments I've made but many others are from exchanges with our stitching group.  

One last snow globe, on our kitchen table.

I really like how this one was finished.  That is my sister's finishing efforts on my stitching.

A prairie schooler favorite.

I hope you enjoyed the Christmas tour of stitching on display at our house!  Thanks for visiting.

















13 comments:

  1. Melody very much enjoyed the tour. Your green and white ornament is so pretty. Also really like the PS stitch done on black linen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very pretty Christmas stitching.
    Love the Snowglobes too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty. The first piece i have done my self and is hanging on my cross stitch tree. Tis the season for lots of smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful decorating. I do like the bag with the winter greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your decorating! So many beautiful ornaments, and such lovely decorations! Glad your DD's stomach bug didn't last long. Those are no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was wonderful seeing all your Christmas stitching! That Santa tree inspires me. Yours is not too big. I think I could handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed it very much! I love all the different ornaments everyone has displayed... so inspiring! Today I'm going to put up my trees! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love to see everyone's decorations and the ornaments that they have chosen to stitch and all the beautiful projects! LOVE LOVE LOVE yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so festive and pretty. You know I love anything Prairie Schooler. Merry Christmas!

    Judy in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see lots of PS finishes in this post, so I have a big smile on my face, Melody! I love the way you finished those two larger PS pieces without framing--will have to remember that for a seasonal finish :)

    Everything looks lovely--enjoy the countdown to Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely hand stitched decorations!

    ReplyDelete