Saturday, July 19, 2014

July..you are going too fast!

Hello Stitchy Friends!

I can't believe the month of July is over half gone!  When I was in the closet a few minutes ago searching for something, I found this gem.  I knew I had stitched it, but totally forgot it was framed and ready for it's debut on the wall until I saw it!  I don't know what's wrong with my mind, I swear I forget things too easily...  I'm blaming it on menopause.

Well, at least I didn't discover this in August!  I do like this piece, probably even more because it's my birthday month.  

All our family gathered this morning to help our daughter and son-in-law move into their new place.  They have been renting an upstairs apartment since they got married in April, but found the chance to upgrade to a cute little house.  So, last evening and this morning we have been helping them. Our son, and his fiancée (the budding cross stitcher) were here to help as well, so we managed to get their big items moved and most all of the small things.  Moving is such a big job!  I don't even want to think about packing up our stuff and moving!  We have lived in our home since 1988.  It is actually the house I grew up in.  

I finished the Liberty House piece from With Thy Needle and Thread.  I have it pressed and languishing in my drawer of stitched completions.  I have started a new project... I know, shocking, right?!  I haven't had much time to stitch this week.  

This is Star by Summer House Stitche Works.
I have the chart anchored nicely in my new magnetic board chart holder....

This was a birthday gift from my daughter and son-in-law. Thanks to Marly for the info and review on this!  I love it!  It holds my chart nicely and makes an easel to stand nicely on the table.  Plus the magnets are strong, and hold your chart nice and securely.  
This gives you an idea of what the finished piece will be.  It will go nicely on my grouping of patriotic themed pieces.  

I had a nice birthday with dinner out to a favorite restaurant with Mike and the kids, then back to our son's home for presents!  I was thoroughly spoiled, and loved it all.  

Work has been busy for me.  With the end of our fiscal year I have had lots of year end reports to do, and now will be working on the budget.  Fun stuff.

We have been having some beautiful weather lately, mid 70s for highs with low humidity.  However it is supposed to return to more Illinois type summer heat and humidity this coming week.  

Lauren has been stitching away, and is close to being done with her second project!  She brought it along today to show me.  I'm so pleased she is having so much fun with this!  

We are all going to a minor league baseball game tomorrow in Davenport.  I hope the weather continues to be nice.  

Well here's hoping your summer is going along swimmingly and you are finding time for your stitching projects.  

I'm finding some quiet time this afternoon with the laundry going and some stitching between loads. I most likely will volunteer to help unpack some boxes later this evening....

Happy stitching my friends.

9 comments:

  1. Love your PS July piece and the frame it is in! Nice start on Star. Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup so true mr July is flying too fast :)
    Beautiful stitching and your framed piece is looking stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your PS piece is pretty, great frame for it.
    Star will be a nice Patriotic piece, and your mag board looks like a nice gift.
    Happy belated B-Day to you!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found that July piece and hung it up! Happy belated birthday! Love your new stitching. Sounds like you've been very busy. Moving is definitely a chore - we are in the same boat -- it would be so hard to pack us up and move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday and happy stitching! Love the Star design... may have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stars along the bottom of PS "July" - finding it framed and ready to go was a pleasant surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing your framed finish makes me want to get mine framed ASAP! Happy belated birthday, Melody--it sounds like it was a good one... And I love your newest WIP--hadn't seen that one before :)

    Enjoy the rest of July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those PS months and July is just perfect! I hope your birthday was wonderful! Good luck helping with the unpacking; don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely framed finish. An appropriate WIP too.

    ReplyDelete