Monday, April 16, 2012

Sister, sister...

Hi Stitchy Friends!

The weekend has gone sailing by again.  Why do those days seem to go by so fast?  Since Mike and I don't work on Mondays our weekend is ending tonight. 

As I mentioned before we have been working on getting our house painted.  The paid laborers finished today.  There is just some miscellaneous details left to be painted.  I have a lot of wooden porch spindles to paint, porch railings, cellar doors and porch and deck floors.  But, there is no big rush.  The house looks so much better.  I'm still not totally in love with the main color, but I think it will be ok.  It's a little more yellow than tan.  I did match the blue trim with DMC 931.  I took my bobbin of floss to the paint store counter and said, this is the color I want for the trim.  So, the house is kind of a tan/cream/yellow tone with white around windows, on corner boards, eaves etc.  The blue accent is just at the bottom of the windows, front door, mailbox, etc.

Here is a shot of the front door.  It will need a second coat, since I painted this blue over black.  But I think it is going to look good.

Now, onto the fun stuff...  My sister and brother-in-law were here for a short visit from Sunday evening through lunch time today.  They stopped on their way home from their vacation in Nashville while driving back to Minnesota.  My sister is an excellent seamstress and brought me a surprise.  She made a project bag for my stitching.  I've been admiring the wonderful project bags I've seen online for awhile.  *hint *hint...ha!  Well, she took my hinting and came up with her own design. 

I love the fabric she chose. 

There are mesh pouches inside, and then she embroidered a design and my initials as you can see in the photo above.

There is also a removable project bag that you can tuck inside.  I am looking forward to using this!
Thanks, Karen!

We also had a fun time on Saturday, when we went to a first birthday party of a friend.  His Mom had used the theme of A Very Hungry Caterpillar.  She had so many cute ideas with food and decorations!

All in all, it was another full weekend.  Now, just to get ready for the work week to start tomorrow.  I haven't had much stitching time this weekend at all.  But, I had to post pictures of the cute project pouch.  I'm really pleased with it. 

Hope you are all finding time for some Spring stitching!


6 comments:

  1. I like the paint color you've chosen for the trim! Very pretty! And the project pouch is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your front door looks so pretty! Love the project bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color on your door and great bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melody! Thanks for visiting my blog! I will add you to my blog roll (for sure) and become a follower when I get home this evening (I can't access the follower icon on your blog from work). I LOVE those doors! The color is beautiful as is the detail on them. SO pretty!
    That is a great little project bag, too. I love the mesh inside pockets - what a sweet gift!
    Your progress on SoHRH is great (previous post) and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    Just become a new follower.

    Your painting sounds great and I love the colour blue of your door.

    Your project bag is lovely - you sure have a talented sister!

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete