Friday, August 19, 2011

August is rolling along

I seem to open each post with an apology for not posting often...

I do have stitching news.  I finally finished the Friendship piece by Prairie Schooler.  It's an old chart, but I've always liked this one.  I'm glad I stitched it.  Sorry the picture isn't the best...

I did make it to a nearby needlework shop a couple of weeks ago, and limited myself to some linen for charts I have that I want to do...  I was thinking I would start a Christmas ornament next, but instead I was inspired to stitch something I've had in my project basket for a few years... 

It is going pretty fast.  I already have the pumpkin in the middle done, as well as 'or treat' on the left.  I was in the mood for some halloween stitching, and I'm glad I started it.  It's going to be a fun stitch. 

I've been busy at work, we've just finished the budget for the year and I've finished the Annual Report for the library.  I'm glad to have those big projects done for the year!

I've just gotten caught up on blog reading.  You are all so productive and inspiring!  It's so much fun to see the pictures you post of your home renovations and of course all the wonderful stitching you're doing!!

I've been busy reading some good books also.  I am eagerly awaiting the new Louise Penny book, "A Trick of the Light".  It should be here by the end of the month.  If you haven't ever read any of her books, I encourage you to start with "Still Life", her first title.  You are in for a treat. 

Split Second by Catherine Coulter was the last book I finished.  Her FBI series is very good.  As you can see in my sidebar, I am on Good Reads.  If you enjoy books, it's a great site to explore. 

As I was taking the picture to post of the Prairie Schooler piece, I found my daughter had been using my camera....

I can only hope she won't be reading my blog anytime soon, or I'll be in trouble for posting this!

5 comments:

  1. Love the PS finish! I have never seen this chart but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo nice finish .. and we won't tell that she's on here hahahah ..love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the PS finish -- so pretty! Nice Halloween piece too. Sounds like you've gotten a good amount done already. Love the pic of your daughter. We won't tell that you're using it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Prairie Schooler!! And that Halloween piece looks like a fun piece to stitch as well.

    Congratulations on finishing the library's annual report and budget--all done for another year!! I can't even imagine how much time those must take to put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is beautiful!! What a sweet picture.

    Congratulations on the finish! I love your new start, too. I love stitching Halloween designs, even though I tend to collect them more than stitch them!

    I just requested Still Life. I've read some of Coulter's but am not sure which ones. I need to go back and check through Good Reads and get caught up.

    ReplyDelete